Electric Vehicle Support is a division of Puget Sound Solar LLC since 2009. We are a Washington General Electrical and General Construction contractor whose involvement in renewable energy quite naturally led to the use of electric transportation in 2006 because the ‘fuel’ can come from the sun, for free.
We sell Clippercreek, JuiceBox, and Chargepoint charging stations among others, and can install any charging station on the market today.
We are an approved installer for Enel-X, the manufacturer of the JuiceBox.
We are a Chargepoint O&M Partner, factory-trained, to provide the best solutions for commercial, government, and other publicly located hosts.
As a General Construction and a General Electrical contractor, Electric Vehicle Support can provide cost-effective solutions for all vehicle charging situations. We handle design, permitting, installation, and service for vehicle charging stations of all types; Level I, Level II and DC Fast Chargers.
With over 243 million registered vehicles in the United States, the world’s largest automobile market is confronted with dwindling fossil fuel reserves and global climate change. America’s consumers are increasingly embracing green-technologies and sustainable infrastructure in order to save our environment ‒ and their pocket-books!
Our aim at EV Support is to make it easy for purchasers of electric vehicles to have charging stations installed at their homes, work places, vacation homes, and any other place where they will be plugging in on a regular basis. Our journeyman electricians also install charging devices in public venues, but our specialty is rendering the installation process hassle-free for EV owners.
As electric cars proliferate, one challenge is locating charging facilities where the cars will be parked. For many people, a garage or carport will be the logical place to plug in, but not everyone has access to a garage, so curbside or driveway installations will be necessary.
Because we are EV owners and drivers we understand the technology from the viewpoint of daily users; our customers get the benefit of our experience as well as the fine work of our EV-savvy and customer service oriented electricians.
Are you buying an EV? Do you sell EV’s? Contact us for a hassle-free quote and installation of your charging station at 206-706-1931 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founder and CFO
Founder and CFO
Co-owner of EV Support, Pamela purchased her 1997 Solectria Force sedan in early 2006. Since then she has enjoyed not having to stop at any gas stations and has fueled her vehicle with the output of the solar electric system she purchased in 2005. Pam has a stated preference for hassle-free EV driving and charging, and her customer service skills have made her an invaluable asset to our company, keeping the process smooth and painless.
Founder and CEO
Founder and CEO
If you count scooters and e-bikes, Jeremy has been using electric vehicles since 2003. He has been an owner and driver of electric cars since 2006 and an electric pickup truck since 2007. Each of those vehicles came with Level II charging stations for quick charging. For the past 7 years he has been a proponent of transportation electrification; as an electrical and solar contractor with 30 years of construction experience, it made sense to him to form a company dedicated to helping current and future EV owners plug in.
02 Residential Electrician
02 Residential Electrician
Ryan’s been involved with environmental work since 2011 and has been with Puget Sound Solar/EV Support since 2013. He started off focusing on weatherization, moved into and led our residential and commercial solar crews and is now a licensed 02 Residential Electrician who loves that he’s helping reduce the world’s carbon footprint with every EV charging station he installs. Ryan’s motivated to create a better world for his kids and family. He’s progressed at PSS with his strong work ethic. He loves working outside and driving big rigs.
Andy early career was spent working in design, metal fabrication and IT. When not at work, he likes spending his time outside in nature. The last few years he’s watched many of his favorite Washington forests and Hawaiian tropical reefs disappear under a continuously warming climate. Andy’s made it his life goal to not just live, but work in the sustainable energy and transportation field. This lead him to Puget Sound Solar where he spent time installing solar panels and now he’s moved over to our EV Support division and is helping customers get their electric vehicle chargers installed.
Stu Frothingham, Communications Director. Stu has a degree in Clean Energy Technology, a Certificate in Sustainable Business Management and a BA in Communications. He’s experienced in marketing solar products and services plus he has a background as a clinician and researcher. Stu designed, manufactured and installed his own solar PV system and drives an all-electric Nissan LEAF to reduce his carbon footprint. Stu is active with local solar organizations, Seattle Parks and Sustainable Ballard. He wants to help to save the planet for future generations and believes sustainability is something we can all embrace.
Senior Electric Vehicle Project Engineer
The Senior EV Project Engineer is responsible for estimating and project implementation for several arms of the EV sector: State Contract/DES, multi-family/commercial, and many service partners. This position serves as the department head and will be responsible for managing other members of the team as well as business development.
Hours: Full time. Remote Work: Permitted Compensation: Salary, DOE + benefits Immediate Supervisor: CEO
Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
● Project estimating ● State Contract sales ● Business development ● Managing sales and implementation with several O&M/service partners
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
● Evaluate sites and create proposals based on site documents/plan sets, site walks, NEC/WAC and local AHJ electrical standards ● Compose vendor purchase orders, and track contract timelines for the project duration ● Work closely with Commercial Project Manager for project implementation: permit, procurement and scheduling ● Develop client relationships ● Meet sales revenue goals
State Contract Sales
● Maintain current catalog ● Consult for equipment-only queries ● Estimate and sell design-build queries
● Develop and maintain a business plan to create solutions for electrification of transportation for utility, workplace, fleet, retail, and multifamily. ● Anticipate industry trends and identify areas of focus ● Track project/proposal profit margins to identify business strategy ● Track sector performance metrics and present bi-weekly to other PSS managers & owner
Managing Sales and Implementation with Several O&M/Service Partners
● Respond, bid and schedule O&M/service requests from our service partners ● Work closely with the EV Project Manager to delegate tasks
● Current electrical apprentice card ● AutoCAD proficiency ● Minimum 3 years estimating commercial electrical projects ● Minimum 1 year EVSE experience ● Excel proficiency ● Extremely self-motivated and organized ● Excellent written and verbal skills ● 1-2 years minimum project management experience ● Electrical experience a plus
Benefits and compensation
● Depends on experience ● Two weeks of PTO ● Medical, Dental Vision Insurance ● 4% 401K matching plan, after a year ● Three day weekends
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Licensed 01 Commercial Electrician
We are looking for an 01 to help manage our EV program. The work ranges from residential installations to bus fleet electrification infrastructure and everything in between. This position will be rapidly changing as EV adoption takes off and we are looking for an electrician to lead a growing team.
Here’s What You Get:
• 4/10’s…endless 3-day weekends
• Competitive pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision – copaid
• Paid Vacation
• Company Work Van
• Respect for your work
• Work on cool projects
• Free training on the latest and greatest in solar and EVSE
Here’s What We Need:
• Motivated individuals who have an 01 WA license
• Coming from out-of-state? We’ll get you started while we wait for you to get your WA card
• Ability and desire to learn new stuff (solar and EV’s are developing technologies)
• Your excellent safety record
• Leadership skills, either existing or under development, have value
• Good customer and interpersonal skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50.00 – $55.00 per hour DOE
Medical, Dental, Vision copaid
401K matching after a year
Job Type: Full-time
You must be a licensed 01 Electrician for us to consider you for this position.
If interested, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.